World Without Coffee Sweepstakes Official Rules
Sponsor: TechnoServe, Inc., a U.S. nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the power of the private sector. TechnoServe, Inc. is classified as a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, EIN 13-2626135.
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online promotion (the “Promotion”). By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
THE PROMOTION IS OPEN ONLY TO U. S. CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW), PROVIDED THE LAWS OF THE APPLICABLE JURISDICATION PERMIT PARTICIPATION.
BUSINESSES, CORPORATIONS, REGISTERED FEDERAL LOBBYISTS, REGISTERED FOREIGN AGENTS, FEDERAL POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEES, NATIONAL BANKS, FEDERAL CONTRACTORS, LABOR ORGANIZATIONS OR OTHER ENTITIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE, NOR MAY ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTER ON BEHALF OF ANY SUCH ENTITIES.
IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN.
To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Current directors, officers, employees, contractors and volunteers of Sponsor and any of its respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each, are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor and any of its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:00 a.m. on August 30, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on September 30, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
- Grand Prize: One winner will receive the following grand prize: Nespresso® Vertuo and Aerocino3 Milk Frother, and set of Vertuo coffee mugs with spoons.
Approximate retail value of the grand prize: $290
The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The winner will be responsible for reporting any winnings to authorities as required by law and paying any taxes he/she may owe on any prize received. No transfer, assignment, or substitution by the winner is permitted.
5. How to Enter. Participants may enter by visiting https://www.technoserve.org/worldwithoutcoffee, and completing and submitting the online entry form during the Promotion Period.
Failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules and/or in any entry form may result in disqualification. Proof of online submission of the entry form will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of the entry form by Sponsor. All entrants and entry forms are subject to verification by Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on an e-mail mailing list maintained by Sponsor for promotional and other purposes.
6. Promotion Rules. The winner will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries by Sponsor to be held on October 1, 2021. The winner of the grand prize will be drawn first before the winners of the other prizes are drawn. The winner will be notified by e-mail from Sponsor by October 7, 2021. To claim the prizes, the winner must follow the instructions contained in the notification from Sponsor.
In the event that the selected winner of the prize is ineligible under the Official Rules, cannot be traced or does not respond within the response time specified in the notification, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant.
7. General Release. By entering this Promotion, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
8. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, the winner may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. Disputes: Entrants agree that this Promotion shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the forum for any dispute shall be in the Commonwealth of Virginia. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, to seek injunctive relief, or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Promotion are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights.
10. Right to Extend, Cancel or Suspend Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to extend the length of the Promotion Period. If for any reason, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion or limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Copyright © 2021 TechnoServe, Inc. All rights reserved.