About the program
The Global Advisory Council is a community of members from around the world who deeply care about making a difference and want to share in, and support, the mission of TechnoServe. Members of the Global Advisory Council are ambassadors for TechnoServe, providing financial support, strategic advice and connections to others in order to advance the life-changing work of the organization.
The Global Advisory Council has been an integral part of TechnoServe since our founding in 1968, and will continue to be as we strive to increase our impact throughout the world. Even though many of our programs are funded by substantial grants from large organizations, TechnoServe relies on funding from private donors to provide vital support to innovate and deepen our impact in developing world.
Members receive invitations to exciting events to learn more about TechnoServe’s work and connect with others equally as passionate about international development. Global Advisory Council activities are designed to provide an “insider’s perspective” into our work and include:
- Annual trips to visit TechnoServe’s programs in action and speak with beneficiaries
- Quarterly webinars highlighting TechnoServe’s successes and challenges
- Regional events to connect with other TechnoServe supporters
- Special communications to better understand the impact of poverty in countries where we work
- Recognition for your outstanding support
To help TechnoServe bring economic development and hope to even more enterprising individuals across the developing world, Global Advisory Council members are asked to make a minimum annual gift of $2,500 USD and to connect TechnoServe to potential new GAC members and supporters.