Reporting Unit/Supervisor: SVP, Strategic Initiatives
Location: Norwalk, CT
Part Time Position; 10 hours per week
Travel: Domestic- less than 5%
I. TechnoServe Background:
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. Position Description:
The position will provide coordination for TechnoServe’s Strategic Initiatives Division (the “division”) and will report to the Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives. In addition to the Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, the eight-person division includes five senior-level directors and two managers. The division is responsible for finding solutions that leverage multinational corporations’ scale and reach to address global poverty.
The team is highly geographically diverse, and the Senior Vice President and division team members undertake considerable global travel in the performance of their roles, with limited organizational support. This position will assist with the smooth functioning of the team.
- Work to independently identify operational and other blockages that may inhibit division’s ability to work efficiently and effectively and develop systems for improvement.
- Build trusted relationships with Division clients, proactively working to understand their communication needs and develop systems for appropriate response
- Assist in drafting and editing papers, fact sheets, presentations and general correspondence
- Maintain stakeholder database and employee lists
- Manage divisional knowledge including updates to team document library and website
- Respond to internal/external request for information on TechnoServe projects.
- Manage the calendar of the Senior Vice President ensuring consistent and clear communication with division team members, board members and key external stakeholders.
- Ensure Senior Vice President fulfills requests for technical assistance, feedback and materials for internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain up-to-date records for Senior Vice President including monthly expense tracking, coding and reporting to ensure alignment with department budget
- Work with team members to coordinate all aspects of travel arrangements including flight itineraries accommodations and visas
- Coordinate quarterly retreats for division team members including meeting scheduling, venue planning and agenda preparation
- Other duties as requested
III. Required Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree
- 5-7 years of experience as an Executive Assistant (or similar role) to high-level executive(s)
- Excellent organizational capabilities and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to juggle multiple requests for assistance
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of PowerPoint a plus
- Experience in private sector organization preferred
IV. Application Instructions:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a single Word-formatted document consisting of cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications and authorized to work in the US will be considered or contacted. No phone calls please.