Reporting Unit/Supervisor: Coffee East Africa
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Travel: International up to 5%, Domestic up to 20%
I. TechnoServe Background:
II. Program Description:
III. Position Description:
M&E Strategy & Planning: Translate each new contracted project proposal into a concrete Results Framework Dashboard, an M&E strategy/plan to evaluate the stated results, and a country-specific chronological survey schedule to measure result estimates.
- Develop a Results Framework Dashboard for each new project to ensure we are tracking all relevant donor deliverables and results.
- Develop a robust M&E strategy for measuring each result listed in the Results Framework Dashboard. The M&E manager should be able to develop a strategy that ensures internal validity. Development of the M&E strategy will require significant collaboration with Regional Operations Manager, Regional Agronomy Manager, and Regional Project Director.
- Support the Regional Operations Manager with M&E strategy to ensure we are measuring all deliverables as per donor contracts, and also measuring impact in an unbiased manner.
- Develop all survey materials as per the country high level M&E work plans -- questionnaires, DC instructions, supervisor instructions, lesson plans in collaboration with the Regional Agronomy Manager.
- Field test all materials in conjunction with country M&E coordinator and provide feedback on improvements
- Support the M&E Coordinator in developing survey plans as needed
- Manage M&E analysis as needed.
- Ensure M&E SOPs are updated and improved
- Develop and maintain M&E Coffee Agronomy Manual that details methodologies for measurement of training attendance, best practice adoption, coffee yields and farm income
- Develop and maintain coffee farmer segmentation profiles for East Africa using results of M&E surveys
Manage the roll out of tablet-based data collection in Ethiopia, Kenya and other countries as needed.
IV. Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline and 3-5 years of experience with M&E methods and approaches, designing, planning and implementing M&E systems, information analysis and reporting the logical approach framework/other strategic planning approaches. With an Master’s Degree one to two years of experience required.
- Ability to analyze data using a statistical package (e.g., Stata)
- Solid understanding of rural development.
- Preferred private sector experience in agriculture, agro-processing or manufacturing.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficiency in English (written/spoken).
V. Physical Requirements:
- The incumbent must sit for an extended number of hours throughout the day using a computer, talking by telephone or Skype and meeting with others.
- This person must occasionally lift items which weigh up to 20 lbs. and must be capable of lifting and pulling their luggage when traveling.
- Other requirements include climbing stairs, walking and bending.
VI. Application Instructions:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a single Word-formatted document consisting of cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted. No phone calls please. Closing date for applications is July 31, 2014.
TechnoServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities