Supervisor: International Accounting Senior Director
Location: Washington, DC
Travel: International up to 25%
I. TechnoServe Background:
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. Program Description:
The International Accounting office manages TechnoServe’s accounting and reporting function for global operations based from Washington DC. The function lies within the Office of the Chief Financial Officer along with Grants and Contracts, Planning and Budgeting, as well as Internal Audit. The International Accounting staff coordinate and communicate internally and externally in support of the TechnoServe global network.
III. Position Description:
Provides interface with Field Controllers, Country Directors and Regional Directors for accounting, finance and reporting. Position will be a primary point of contact for review, analysis, corrections and reporting of all field transactions. Reviews the work of the Field Controllers to ensure accuracy, provide internal control and reliability of data entered by the field. Provides grant administration support for headquarters and the field including revenue recognition.
The ideal person for this position is someone with experience in accounting, non-for profit donor reporting, and a financial monthly closing process with a desire for open, multicultural communication and coordination.
Primary activities to include the following:
- Preparation and coordination of donor reporting
- Review and analysis of field support transactions
- Field office accounting and financial support
- Labor and benefit allocation analysis
- Monthly financial closing process coordination
- Assistance and coordination with program and local entity audits, analysis and reporting
- Transactional system support to include evaluation and fixing of system errors
IV. Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, business administration, economics, or other relevant area
- Minimum of eight years of experience
- Experience with fund accounting at the transactional level
- Financial management system experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal cross-cultural skills
- PC computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Certification such as CMA, CPA or other related certifications
- Overseas experience in Africa, Latin America and/or Asia.
- Ability to speak, read and write at least one of the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese or French.
- Knowledge of Serenic Navigator.
V. Application Instructions:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a Word formatted resume and cover letter with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications and authorized to work in the US will be considered. No phone calls please.