Reports to: Program Development Assistant
Location: Washington, DC
Start Date: Rolling
Job Duration: 3 months with potential to extend, 15-20 hours per week
I. TechnoServe Background:
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. Position Description
The Program Development team is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic individual who is passionate about international economic development to support program development functions across a diverse portfolio. The Program Development team supports TechnoServe’s headquarters-based and field-based business development efforts for opportunities across Africa, Latin America, and India and across a broad array of technical areas. The Program Development Volunteer’s responsibilities may involve writing, editing, design, research, supporting concept paper and proposal development and assembly, and other duties as assigned. Specific tasks might include: expanding internal corporate capability and project past performance libraries, developing or updating narratives about country programs or cross-cutting themes such as private-public partnerships or gender, etc. The Intern may also attend donor and practitioner meetings on foreign aid trends and functional topics related to TechnoServe’s strategic plan. This person will report to the Program Development Associate. Please note that this is an unpaid position.
III. Required Skills & Experience:
- Enthusiastic self-starter; proven ability to work independently
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong editing/proof-reading skills and abilities to ensure production of documents that are clear, concise, and grammatically correct
- Polished skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Please note this is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and applicants should have access to their own laptop
IV. Application Instructions:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a Word formatted resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.