Reports to: Media Associate
Location: Washington, DC
Start Date: Rolling application basis
Job Duration: 3 months with potential to extend, 15-20 hours per week
I. TechnoServe Background:
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. Position Description:
We are seeking an individual to support the marketing and communications team. Intern responsibilities may include writing, editing, design, research, media outreach, online and social media work and administrative duties.
III. Required Skills & Experience:
• Highly organized and able to juggle multiple tasks.
• Good writing, editing and communications skills.
• Good research skills.
• Enthusiastic self-starter.
• Proficient in HTML.CSS proficiency is a plus.
• Comfortable using content management systems like ExpressionEngine, WordPress or Drupal.
• Interest in social media platforms (both established and emerging), especially as they relate to nonprofit organizations.
• Comfortable using MSWord and Excel; PowerPoint and Publisher is a plus.
• Interest in working in international development (Africa or Latin America), marketing, communications or business.
• Spanish language proficiency is a plus, but is not required.
• Proficiency in video editing is a plus, but is not required
Please note this is an unpaid volunteer opportunity.
IV. Application Instructions:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a Word formatted resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for thr position will be considered. No phone calls please.