Reporting Unit/Supervisor: Director, Talent Acquisition
Location: Washington, DC
Travel: Up to 10% of time
I. TechnoServe Background:
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. Position Description:
Finding top talent to join our growing organization is a vital role in the success of TechnoServe. The international recruiter partners closely with senior leaders and country teams across TechnoServe to plan and execute searches for a range of positions. The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring a seamless, candidate-friendly hiring process by actively maintaining clear lines of communication with candidates and leadership and by providing stellar client service and tight project management.
The international recruiter will also actively source candidates, build and maintain a pipeline of talented professionals, and promote TechnoServe’s brand to target communities through social marketing and other approaches. The right candidate brings a unique combination of communication, relationship building and recruitment skills, alongside enthusiasm and problem-solving abilities.
- Partner with hiring managers to identify appropriate candidate qualifications, recruitment strategies and timelines. Inform and engage hiring managers throughout the process.
- Employ social networking tools, calls, in-person networking and other search techniques to attract passive and active candidates and provide an engaged, diverse talent pool for current and forecasted staffing needs.
- Review applications and assess candidate qualifications against established criteria.
- Interview and propose shortlisted candidates to hiring managers. Develop interview guides and other tools for use by hiring managers.
- Manage candidates seamlessly through the interview and offer process. Capture feedback and communications in our applicant tracking system.
- Support the successful implementation and rollout of TechnoServe’s new online applicant tracking system as well as future improvements to the system and processes.
- Identify appropriate outreach opportunities and represent TechnoServe at events. Research and share industry trends and opportunities with other team members.
- Follow and promote understanding of best practices, regulations and policies related to recruitment, hiring and employment.
- Contribute to other recruiting and human resource team initiatives.
III. Required Skills and Experience:
The right candidate will excel in a fast-paced, result-oriented environment and have:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, organization management or a related field
- 3 to 5 years related work experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in recruiting or staffing
- Strong client service and results orientation, with the ability to partner with all levels of staff
- Outstanding communication, presentation and diplomacy skills
- Organizational skills with unfailing attention to detail
- Understanding of compliance requirements and best practices for recruitment and hiring
- Proficiency in identifying and employing social media and other outreach tactics
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Interest and enthusiasm to contribute to achieving TechnoServe’s mission
IV. Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with an applicant tracking system or customer relationship management software
- Knowledge of recruitment in a non-profit or international, grant or contract-based environment
- Experience working in an international or multicultural setting
- Proficiency in French, Spanish or Portuguese
V. Physical Requirements:
- The incumbent is expected to sit and work at a computer for long hours.
- Must be capable of talking on the phone or Skype frequently throughout the day.
- Must occasionally lift a box of paper or other items weighing approximately 20 lbs. and be capable of lifting own luggage when travelling.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Other requirements may include climbing stairs, walking, bending over, pulling luggage and occasional driving.
VI. Application Instructions:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a Word formatted resume and cover letter with salary history to email@example.com. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications and authorized to work in the US for the position will be considered. No phone calls please.